Addressing the press in his office, North Eastern provincial police boss Leo Nyongesa urged wananchi to be extra vigilant and report any suspicious looking characters to the relevant authorities. "It is my appeal to the locals to assist the security apparatus in the region in identifying these criminal gangs through the community policing spirit, we believe we will achieve very little without their support," said the police boss.
- His statement comes just a day after police in Garissa arrested two suspects in connection with the new year eve terror attack at Locus bar.
- Five people were killed and more than 20 injured when they were celebrating the new year.
- Among those who were killed was a GSU officer and an administration police officer.
- The two, an ex-police officer and a taxi driver and who are currently being held at the Garissa police station were arrested by police officers yesterday.
- The PPO who confirmed their arrest said that a jungle Jacket was found in the house of one of the suspects.
The Rest @ AllAFrica